About Three Chairs Publishing
Three Chairs Publishing was inspired by a quote from Henry David Thoreau’s Walden: “I had three chairs in my house; one for solitude, two for friendship, three for society.” It speaks to the connections we can make — for ourselves, for our friends and loved ones, and in our community — through creative efforts like writing, art making, and photography.
Our books include LOOK UP! Musings on the Nature of Mindfulness (2014), Evidence of Flossing: What We Leave Behind (2017), FLOSSING (2019), Waiting Out the Storm (2019), and Water Under the Bridge (2022). They can be purchased directly from Three Chairs Publishing either through PayPal or from our Etsy shop. They they are distributed nationally by Ingram Book Company, and internationally through their global online and print distribution partners.
Three Chairs is owned and operated by Jen Payne. She is a writer, photographer, artist, and the owner of our parent company Words by Jen, a graphic design and marketing company in Branford, Connecticut.
- Our Changing Environment, The Guilford Poets Guild’s 20th Anniversary Anthology
- It’s All About Relationships: New Ways to Make Them Healthy and Fulfilling, at Home and at Work by Karen L. Rancourt, Ph.D.
- Mind Your Own Body: A Body Image Handbook by Gina Macdonald, MA, LPC, CEDS
- The Civil War Soldiers of Branford, Connecticut by Jane Bouley
- Life is Full of Sweet Spots: An Exploration of Joy by Mary O’Connor
- Voices from North Guilford, The Stories of North Guilford, Connecticut from The Dudley Foundation
- A Treasury of Guilford Places by Joel E. Helander
- Arts & Eats: Recipes from Artists & Friends of the Guilford Art Center
In addition, Jen served as Vice President, Director of Production and Marketing for Bick Publishing House (Connecticut) for more than 25 years. As such, she oversaw the production of more than two dozen titles including the Independent Book Publishers Award-winner Understand Your Self by Dale Carlson.
The Three Chairs logo illustration was designed by lovely and talented Carol Nicklaus.
(Three Chairs Publishing is not currently accepting submissions from outside authors. If you would like to discuss your book design and publishing needs, please contact Jen Payne at Words by Jen, (203) 483-5343, email or visit www.wordsbyjen.com